Sat 25th Jan 2020
Braknell Town Reserves 4-3 TAFC Reserve team

TAFC goals: Frankie Hercules, Will Foley, Will Salmon
Bracknell Town Res (3)4 Tring Ath (2)3

If you think last week was disappointing pin back your ears.

We arrived and were contemplating going to a back 4 but decided to play 2 up which has served us well. Clem Asante was carrying a back injury so it was decided (mutually) to start him on the bench. Two decisions I lived to regret.

Having played our first pass straight into touch we then dominated and took the lead after some tidy football, Frankie Hercules converted and it seemed to be the dawn of one of our better days. Score 0-1

Gradually over the next 10-15 mins we allowed our opponents back into the game with a poor first goal trying to overplay at back and the second when the midfield were put out the game with one pass in their half. This followed a whole catalogue of misplaced passes,poor decisions etc. Score 2-1

Having scrapped we got an equaliser with a Will Salmon nudge from a Frankie Hercules corner. Score 2-2.

Prince Nimoh, playing wide on the right, made several good runs and crosses, 2 of which should have been converted, before the back 3 were left exposed to allow a 3rd which David Saunders, who was otherwise excellent, could have done better with. Score 3-2

It may be me but the dressing room at the moment consists of too many who have too much to say and its time to get a grip.

The general consensus was we were slightly better in the second half but Im not convinced. We equalised when Will Foley made a late run in the area to head home a Frankie Hercules cross. Score 3-3.

By now Clem Asante had been introduced and he gave us a focal point but although we missed a couple of good chances, when of all people, Joe Naylor blazed wide, Prince Nimoh shot straight at the keeper when he could have squared a simple pass and Clem Asante failed to get a shot off.

To be fair Bracknell had their share of chances which if hadnt been for excellent keeping they would have been 2/3 goals clear. The winner arrived after 84 mins when a melee from a corner was tapped in despite our custodian being clearly fouled. Score 4-3

With 3 mins to go Clem burst in the area but the official seemed to be the only person not to see it as a penalty.

We have a Cup Match at home on Tue and look forward to welcoming our opponents The Grassroots Stadium next Saturday.

We need to sharpen up on and off the pitch as it could turn into a very long season.

(No photos on file)

To advertise here, email tringathleticfc at hotmail dot com